- People say 'That's and interesting accent, where are you from' and you reply with 'Where am I from or where did I live the most time?'
- Isis or no other terrorist group scares you because you grew up in Germany, at the height of the IRA Terror campaign. If you grow up with it, it no longer scares you.
- You grew up with one TV channel! BFBS and you got the English programmes a few weeks later than UK, meaning when you returned from abroad to visit your family you were always confused with the programmes.
- You went to boarding school before it became trendy with Harry Potter
- You shopped in the NAAFI or you worked in the NAAFI
- You absolutely respect anyone wearing a Forces uniform
- You behaved yourself, you never back chatted and you wouldn't dream of saying No to your parents
- Most of your childhood friends are spread across the globe!
- You got excited when you parent bought a ration box home and you could eat the biscuits or sweets
- You know what a Bluey is
- A holiday was a trip back to the UK
- You hoped your dad would get a posting to somewhere exotic
- You know what an MFO box is
- You lived on an army barracks and had to carry ID around
- You joined the forces yourself because it was the thing you wanted to do
- You feel passionate about the way the government treats ex forces people and their families
- You know how it feels to what your parent go off to war
- You know the phonetic alphabet
- You knew different languages before it was compulsory to learn them at school
- You would trade your life in a heartbeat to go back to being back as an army kid
Tuesday, 20 October 2015
20 Signs You Were An Army Brat In The British Forces
When you grow up in the army, its a total different way of life, people in 'Civvie street' Never know the things you experience and the things you see. There are a special group of people in my life and these people are my army friends, nobody understands you like this band of people. Growing up in the army bonds you with people for life, they may have only lived in the same area as you for a while but its a while that while will have left an impact on your life forever. So how do you spot an army kid?
Many of us endeavour to perform charitable deeds and acts of kindness throughout our daily lives. Whether it is donating to charity, volunt...
Are you a festival lover? Tilly discovered festivals last year and now she loves them, I am secretly happy with this because I love festival...
To The Man In Blacks We don't live in London, we live in a small seaside town in Kent. But as I was in London on Tuesday I decided to ...
So I just got back from a holiday in Turkey with Tilly. She has been nagging me for the past 3 years to take her because I go there with my ...