She had a few bits all ready and we popped along to a few local shops where she was able to pick up some more things for her garden. So how did she design her garden?
Its so easy to create a fairy garden, You can do them in plant pots and keep them in the house as a decoration or you can just pop one in the garden Like we have done. If you have a little girl, then you usually have enough fairy bits around the house to start your creation. Look for dolls house furniture, fairy dolls, ornaments etc etc, anything small can be used by the fairies.
Sadly the interest and belief in fairies has dropped dramatically whilst in Iceland around 50% of the people believe in mythical creatures.
So how can you encourage your kids to believe in fairies?
- Sprinkle some glitter in the morning so that it looks like some fairy dust, left over from when the fairies have visited the garden
- Convince your child that you can see fairies out of the corner of your eye
- Tell them that if they stay very still, and very quiet, whilst listening, they will hear the faint sound of the fairies singing or tinkling the bells on their shoes
- If there is a breeze or warm glow, then tell them that a fairy has flown past
- Remind your kids that fairies are very fast and very tiny and they may not actually see a fairy, but they will usually find gifts or evidence of the fairy being there.
Do you believe in fairies? do you encourage your children to believe in them? Imagination is very very important for children and we encorage little Miss T all the way.