I am the first one to admit Tilly doesn't drink enought water, Its not that she drinks rubbish instead, it is just that she is not a great drinker at all. So we were offered some Robinsons Squash'd to see if we could take the #EnjoyMoreWater challange with her. So this post is an entry for BritMums #EnjoyMoreWater Challenge, sponsored by Robinsons.
We were sent a selection of drinks and a
Water is important for our bodies in so many ways, here are just a few.
- Our bodies are made of about 80% of water and during our day we sweat and we pee, so we MUST replace that water otherwise we simply cannot survive. We will just dehydrate.
- We need water to help us to concentrate, it is especially important for kids because they need to concentrate at school and drinking water is going to make it so much easier for them to concentrate. Lack of water is one of the top reasons for fatigue through the day.
- Drinking water helps to keep your body healthy and well, it flushes out toxins from your body and keeps your kidneys and liver clean by washing out waste product.
- This one is mainly for us mums and dads, but water is really good for your skin, if you don't drink enough then your skin will start to dry out and it will make your skin look wrinkled (or in my case - more wrinkled)
- Drinking sufficient amounts of water will stop yourself and your child being constipated.
The bottles of Squashed come in a range of different flavours and include the new Lemon and Lime flavour as well as Orange and Peach. The Lemon and Lime was really popular with Tilly and her friends as it was so refreshing.
So how did we get her to drink more water?
- We put it into a water bottle so we could measure properly, how much she was drinking.
- We let her choose which flavour she wanted, it did help to have a range of flavours at home.
- We popped one in our bag when we were out, so if she was thirsty, we just bought her a bottle of water and added the flavour
- We made some fizzy water with our Soda Stream, this is just water with a bit of gas in it, it is completely sugar free and then add the Squash'd and you have a completely sugar free fizzy drink, that is essentially just water and fruit
- Add fresh fruit to their water, this infuses the water with fresh fruit and is sugar free, it just adds flavour to water.
- Make a jug of water that your child can help them self to, they don't need to keep asking and it is ready for them and cold in the fridge.