- Deodorant wipes - you can get these from the travel section, they are better than an aerosol can, especially if it's going to be hot in your tent.
- Baby wipes - we use these for everything, so we always take a packet of them when we go away. I don't bother with a full pack as you would never use them all, but I always take half a pack and it's usually enough for a few days. Baby wipes will become one of the best things that you take to a festival. You use them to clean the kid up all day long, they are handy if the toilet roll runs out in the portaloo, and you need them if the liquid soap runs out in the portaloo. If there is no shower, these will become your best friend for washing too. Nothing like a quick wipe down in the tent with a baby wipe in the morning, you really know you're at a festival then.
- Antibacterial liquid gel - the little travel bottle of liquid soap are fab, you pour it all over your hands after you have been to the loo and then you're ready to just carry on and enjoy the festival, you don't even need to wash it off.
- Calpol - I forgot to take mine recently, luckily the festival was full of families and there was someone to help when Tilly wasn't well one afternoon. You can buy it in sachets now to make it more convenient for travelling and camping.
- Vicks or Karvol - This is one I picked up in Glastonbury, the toilets get so stinky especially near the end of the festival, so pop some Vick under your nose and it hides the vile toilet smell. We had some Karvol Capsules with us that we got from Blog On. Twice a day I popped it on Tilly's clothes so she could have a smell before she went to the loo.
- A Blanket - This is handy for keeping warmer at nights because you can use it over your sleeping bag as well as a blanket to sit and watch the entertainment every day.
- The Kids - don't forget them! after all the festival is for them.
- Wine - I didn't take it but luckily our tent neighbours did! I
likelove them for this because you will need that wine after 12 hours a day at a festival. You will need GALLONS of wine.
- A Tent - we always take a two man tent because we travel by train, but my tip is to take a huge tent! One the size of your house is best so that you don't feel confined in a small space with them.
- Travel sized products - These are so much more expensive to buy than a proper size product, but they will be so much more convenient for you because they are so small and fit in the little gaps in your camping bags. You will need shower gel and toothpaste for sure, don't bother with shampoo and conditioner because you're only away for a couple of days. buy a travel size can of dry shampoo in case you need it.
- Sun lotion - the weather in this country is pants most of the year, but sometimes it is sunny at a festival! carry a small travel sun cream with you because even if it doesn't even feel too hot, you are outside for hours on end and the rays will get you.
- A pack of cards - perfect if the weather is wet and you're confined to your tent
- Bottled water - this will save you a lot of money in the festival, you normally pay about £2 for a bottle of water there. But in somewhere like Poundland, you can get 6 bottles of water for £1.
- An Airbed - you will not want any of this sleeping rough on the floor after you have spent the day at a festival. It's bad enough sleeping in a cold damp tent, let alone having to sleep on the cold wet and hard floor too.
- Your sanity - it's actually really hard to keep sane when you take a kid to a festival. Although you love your kid dearly, the thought of being with them in a small confined space is enough for anyone to lose their sanity.
Thursday, 1 June 2017
What Do We Need To Take To A Childrens Festival?
What do you need to take to a festival with Kids? Recently we went to Geronimo Family Festival and I was actually impressed with the stuff that we took because we used it all. But there was also important stuff that we didn't take like Calpol for Tilly and wine for Mummy! So we have made a list of 15 things we think you should take to a children's festival
Many of us endeavour to perform charitable deeds and acts of kindness throughout our daily lives. Whether it is donating to charity, volunt...
Are you a festival lover? Tilly discovered festivals last year and now she loves them, I am secretly happy with this because I love festival...
To The Man In Blacks We don't live in London, we live in a small seaside town in Kent. But as I was in London on Tuesday I decided to ...
So I just got back from a holiday in Turkey with Tilly. She has been nagging me for the past 3 years to take her because I go there with my ...